This morning I told Handsome, “Just yesterday, we started this month, and now it’s the 11th – almost halfway done! How does that happen?”
He looked at me straight-faced and replied, “Well, ten days passed.”
But I’m sure they didn’t; I’m sure I just blinked.
Is that what they mean when they say that time flies when you are having fun?
In this season, I’m grateful:
517. I’ve learned to knit, something that I’ve wanted to do for as long as I can remember.
518. I am so grateful to have something that I enjoy doing
519. . . . and it’s portable, so I can do it while I wait for the kids to do their activities!
520. I’m enjoying finding yarn and patterns and putting them together to make masterpieces.
521. Enjoying something.
522. Oldest daughter is also learning to knit,
523. and it’s so fun to have a shared hobby – another point of connection.
524. After a long season of feeling “dry,” I am encouraged again.
525. God shows grace in the funniest places, a basket full of yarn and sticks among them.
526. The same oldest is currently sitting here next to me singing “Take this world and give me Jesus . . . ,” compliments of Building 429, while she does her math.
527. She just wants to be in the same room as me.
528. This parenting journey is so full of amazements
529. and so much grace.
530. I am keenly aware that is it all flying by too quickly!