10 Reasons to Have a Garden
1. It’s a great way to teach (or learn) patience.
2. It’s a natural lesson in “hard work brings good rewards”.
3. It makes getting fresh veggies quite a bit cheaper in the summer.
4. One tomato plant can grow a LOT of tomatoes!
5. All those extra tomatoes make great gifts for neighbors and friends (unless they too are overwhelmed with tomatoes)!
6. Digging in the garden makes the kids TIRED . . . they nap longer.
7. We haven’t tried it yet, but we hear weeding is an effective method of discipline.
8. Gardening burns calories!
9. The great sense of accomplishment one gets from growing all that stuff!
10. Not much can beat the taste of a home-grown tomato!
By the way, it’s not too late to start your garden now!
Having a garden works for me! To see Works For Me Wednesday, visit Rocks in My Dryer!