I’ve had so many things that I’ve wanted to get written, but none of them makes a full post…so here I am going to collect a rather random round-up of recent thoughts and goings-ons. Proceed with caution:
- I have a new friend. She lives near me, and she runs too. I have been praying for someone with whom I could work out. Seems like she is an answer to prayer…or I thought so until she told me that she gets up at 5:20 to go running! 5:20 – I’m pretty sure God wouldn’t ordain that!
- Speaking of running, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be running the half marathon that I told you all about a while ago. It’s coming quickly, and I have barely had time to train – partially because of Handsome’s crazy work schedule but more so because of a couple minor injuries that I didn’t want to turn major (so I’ve been doing a lot of not-running.) I’m thinking about trying to walk it, since I’ve already paid for it.
- How do I explain to my children that wheat germ is good for you, but, yes, they still have to wash their hands…because germs are bad for you!
- A little while ago I asked for a good bean recipe. I got one, thank you very much, friend…and everyone at the dinner enjoyed (or they said they did anyway). If I were to do it again, I would cook them a bit longer, more toward the four hour mark. Perhaps black beans are just more stubborn than their pinto counterparts.
- We forgot to move our clocks forward this morning. We also decided to skip church in hopes of finding some time to rest. I was glad that we didn’t go to church when I realized that we hadn’t changed our clocks – we would have been foolishly late; but I was sad too – we lost an hour of peaceful bliss!
How, oh how, do the weekend fly by so quickly!